interviews & coverage
Stories have been published about STAGES performances and the STAGES project around the world.
For STAGES press questions contact Christy Romer, Communication Manager at European Theatre Convention. email@example.com
- "This Play is Touring Europe. But No One is Going Anywhere." New York Times interview with the artistic and technical team at Piccolo Teatro di Milano
- "One of the solutions is to install a 5W LED on a plastic bottle filled with water, so that the light can be refracted by the water and become the light source for the entire venue." Interview with Director Lin Xinyi and designer Wang Zhongkun in Yahoo Taiwan about the innovative sound and light design in National Theater and Concert Hall Taiwan's production of A Play for the Living
- "Even the climate itself will be present on stage". Milo Rau, Artistic Director of NTGent, discusses STAGES in an interview with DeMorgen (Belgium).
- "The initiative, which will serve as a kind of laboratory for artistic and operational practices, will make it possible to reduce the carbon footprint of theaters and, at the same time, promote the participation of traditionally underrepresented groups in the cultural context." Rui Catarino, Chair of the Executive Board at Teatro Nacional D. Maria II in Lisbon, talks to TimeOut Lisbon about STAGES.
- "Children are our future, they are already living the ecological crisis that will fully meet them in their formative years, so they have every right to speak about it seriously, passionately, but also with concern." Anica Tomić, Director of the Production of A Play for the Living in a Time of Extinction at Croatian National Theatre in Zagreb, talks to Jutarnji about her decision to stage the performance with children.
- Anica Tomić's production then won the National Geographic Croatia Yellow Frame Award for Sustainable Development.
- "I hope our Participation will allow the Asian experience to be passed on through this platform.” National Theater and Concert Hall Taipei Deputy Artistic Director Shih Hsin-Yuan talks to Yahoo Taiwan as part of an article on the theatre's involvement in STAGES
- "The project comes at a time when theaters urgently need new ways to become flexible and inclusive after two years of the pandemic. At the same time, they are equally committed to making up for lost time in achieving the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals." SNG Maribor's participation in STAGES is covered by RTV Slovenia
- "In the fall of 2023 at LNDT, Katie Mitchell will release "Spektaklis viviiams nykystant", which will be directed by one of the directors of Lithuania. The performance considers our responsibility and ways of acting in the face of an ecological catastrophe." A story about Lithuanian National Drama Theatre's participation in STAGES in 15min.lt